Our guided walk through Ponte City, Hillbrow and surrounding areas is one of a kind. You’ll get the opportunity to explore the inner-city of Johannesburg through an entirely new lens. From the magnitude of Hillbrow tower and the raciness of Pretoria High street to the stupendous views of the infamous Ponte Tower"The big Vodacom building".
You’ll get an opportunity to engage and understand the history of Johannesburg and the ultimate socio-economic impact apartheid ?and a young democracySouth Africa became a "free" country in 1994 had on these communities.
We’ll end the experiences off by having some shisa inyama"burning" meat on an open fire or morogoAfrican spinach and a ZamalekBlack Label: Local beer quart at a local shebeenLocal bar or tavern, where you’ll meet wonderful people and engage in some really interesting conversations.
- Come with an open mind
- There is secure parking available at Ponte City (our starting point)
- Unfortunately there is no cash accepted on our premises
- Dlala Nje offers no cash refunds. Please refer to cancellation policy.
- It’s an easy walk, but come in comfortable shoes
- Bring some extra cash with you so you can buy stuff from the markets and support our local businesses.
- Wear sunscreen
- We encourage you to live in the moment, but if you want to bring camera’s you’re welcome however no professional photography and remember to always ask people if they’re happy for you take their photo before snapping away.
- Leave prejudices at home.